A comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation will help our physical therapists determine the cause(s) of injury, along with any other contributing factors. A comprehensive video analysis will also be used to evaluate the athlete's throwing or pitching motion.
Individualized treatment programs include:
- A rehabilitation plan to promote soft tissue recovery and healing
- Specialized stretching and flexibility exercises to improve mobility and prevent re-injury
- Strengthening exercises to correct muscle imbalance and weakness
- Shoulder blade stability exercises to improve throwing performance and reduce shoulder strain
- Drills to build throwing motion, speed, and power
- Specialized throwing exercises
- Body awareness training to teach athletes to recognize the warning signs of abnormal body positions or movements that could lead to injury
- Self-care techniques to prevent further injury and maintain throwing performance
To make an appointment with a throwing specialist, please call 612-672-7100.
Questions for a throwing specialist? Please call 612-672-7929.